Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hiking in El Cajas

El Cajas is a highly protected national treasure, a national park


The order of pictures got all mixed up.  This is the after the hike, in the lodge, getting ourselves warmed up.

This is the lake (one of many in the park) that we walked around.  It does look flat, doesn't it?  And short, and easy.  But it isn't.

Dayana and I on the trail, which was easy to see at this point.




Sorry about that---it was supposed to be rotated

taking a breather

See my white gloves?  Bobby bought them the day before for me at an indigenous market.  They're hand made, huge, but pretty warm.  Of course, now they're full of mud.  Can't we just through them in the laundry?

See, I told you it wasn't completely flat!




Our lunch spot






Oops!  A repeat!

Oops!  Another repeat!  Techolology and I haven't friended ourselves on Facebook yet

When the sun came out for a second, we got excited.



No comments:

Post a Comment